Do you love fried chicken but don’t fancy deep frying it?
Or if you’re like me, have never mastered perfect fried chicken without it somehow burning on the outside and having raw chicken on the inside, resulting in dialing your favourite pizza place so you don’t salmonella poison your guests.
UNFRIED CHICKEN is not only easy, but this method produces tasty, crunchy chicken that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
6 drumsticks, skin removed (you can choose to keep skin on)
3 whole chicken breasts, skin removed (you can choose to keep skin on)
4 cups ice water
1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1 cup bread crumbs (for extra crunch, I use Panko)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. paprika
a sprinkle cayenne pepper (a dash or more, depending on how spicy you like it)
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. sea salt
PLEASE NOTE: Real Cold Chicken and Greek Yogurt is the secret to this successful dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Keep the Greek yogurt in the fridge until you’re ready to use it
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying with non-stick spray
- Fill a large bowl with ice water, then add your chicken to this bowl and set aside.
- Mix breadcrumbs and spices in a bowl, add the chopped parsley and mix well.
- Once the oven is heated, you’re ready to assemble your chicken.
- Remove yogurt from fridge.
- Remove chicken from ice water and shake off excess water.
- Roll each piece of chicken in the yogurt.
- Roll coated chicken in the dry mixture, until coated on all sides.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet, and spray all the chicken VERY lightly with olive oil
- Bake for one hour.
- Turn chicken pieces after 1/2 hour.
- Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165F