I experimented with making a pork loin roast in a different way, and came up with this dish that my family loved.
If you like sweet, savory and spice all rolled into one, then I know you will absolutely love this recipe, and you will receive rave reviews from your family and friends. Great dish to serve for a dinner party, because once you put it together in your crock pot it doesn’t need any attention.
It keeps well in the fridge for a few days and can be frozen.
Sweet & Sour Pork Tenderloin
2 lb (or you can use 1.5 or 3 lb loin) pork tenderloin, trimmed of silver skin
2 TBSP oil
1 bottle of Diana Sauce for pork and ribs (Or any pork/rib BBQ sauce you have on hand)
6 ounces apricot jam
6 ounces grape jelly
6 ounces marmalade
1 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP fish sauce
1/2 cup tomato puree
2 tsps. hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 sweet yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
10 ounces pineapple, (sliced or in chunks, your choice)
Ground black pepper
- In a bowl add the following: BBQ sauce, apricot jam, grape jelly, marmalade, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, fish sauce, tomato puree, hot chili sauce. Whisk them all together until smooth. Taste to see if you’d like to add more hot spice.
- Heat up a saute pan with oil on your stove, while the pan is heating up, pat the pork loin dry with paper towels, then season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Place roast in pan and brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat. Slice into (about 1/2 inch) slices, then cube each slice.
- Pour some of the sauce you made at the bottom of your slow cooker to cover the whole bottom.
- Add the cubed meat to slow cooker.
- Add the sweet bell peppers and pineapple
- Cover the meat and peppers with remaining sauce.
- Stir to ensure all meat is covered with sauce.
- If using a slow cooker, cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
From our tables to yours, enjoy in good health.
Serve over white jasmine rice and steamed broccoli.