Oatmeal is a breakfast staple in my home, but it can get monotonous with just adding fruit to it, so I whipped up a few ingredients with my oatmeal that’s not only nourishing and healthy but it can also be served as dessert.
Yes, you read that right. DESSERT.
Dessert for breakfast is a great concept, don’t you think?
In my version, I used blackberries (because I have a serious blackberry addiction) and canned peaches. However, you can substitute with your favorite fruit and berries.
2.5 cups rolled oats
2.5 cups vanilla Almond milk (substitute with regular milk if you prefer)
1 tsp. cinnamon (for spicier, measure cinnamon with your heart)
1/4 cup maple syrup (for sweeter, measure syrup with your heart)
1 no sugar added can of peaches, drained
2 TBSP melted butter
pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven at 375F
- Wash and dry the berries.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with non-stick spray and arrange the berries and peach slices.
- In a bowl add; oatmeal, a pinch of salt, cinnamon, and mix well.
- Add the following to the oatmeal: almond milk, maple syrup, and melted butter.
- Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture over the fruit, distributing it evenly.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- This dish stores well in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Top it off with yogurt of your choice, nuts, frozen yogurt, or ice cream.