It is a fact that chocolate makes everything better; no matter what is happening in your world or the whole universe, chocolate will comfort you, never disagree with you, never cause you stress, and best of all it’s healthy.
Health benefits of cocoa bean:
- Powerful source of antioxidants.
- May reduce heart disease risk.
- May improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- Raises HDL and protects LDL from oxidation.
- May protect your skin from the sun.
- Could improve brain function.
I know what you’re thinking—“Selena is a self-professed chocolate guru/chocoholic, of course she’d say chocolate is an important part of a balance diet.”
There is that, but Mayo Clinic does agree with me. Click here to read how chocolate can be part of a nutritional and healthy eating plan.
CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Go get mugged with this easy, quick (takes less than 10 minutes to make) recipe for those times when you need chocolate to satisfy a craving.
2 TBSP powered peanut butter (or creamy peanut butter)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
2 TBSP warm milk (or warm water)
1 egg white
1 tsp. olive oil (or canola oil)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. maple syrup (or 1 tsp. agave nectar – or – 1 tsp golden syrup)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1. Spray a 10-12 oz mug with non-stick spray
2. Add all the ingredients in a small bowl, and stir well together, until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into the mug.
4. Microwave on high for 60 – 90 seconds (will depend on your microwave’s wattage) or until center of the cake is done.
5. Serve warm.
Top it with your favourite yogurt and fruit, (I topped mine with vanilla Greek yogurt and berries) or whipping cream, or chocolate chips—get creative.
Enjoy in good health!
Long Live Chocolate