Take a break from life, the bombardment of 24/7 news and bake a batch or two of Chocolate Chip Bourbon Cookies.
Yes, you read that right. A shot of Bourbon in your cookies is not only out-of-this-world-delicious, but it’s hard to be stressed and sad when you’re eating these cookies.
WARNING: These cookies are addictively moreish.
Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. hot water
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 1/2 TBSP Bourbon
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips (you can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips if you’d like, your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add softened butter, white sugar, brown sugar and maple syrup, and Bourbon and cream everything together until mixture is smooth.
4. Beat in the eggs, ONE at a time, mix well.
5. Add the dissolved baking soda and the salt to the batter and mix in well.
6. In a separate bowl, add: flour and chocolate chips, and mix to evenly distribute the chocolate chips.
7. Add flour bowl to the wet mixture, and mix all together, but don’t mix for too long or too strong, just enough to incorporate your creamy mixture with the flour and chocolate chips.
8. Set aside for about 1/2 hour (or you can put in fridge for 10 minutes).
9. Using a tablespoon drop cookies (and flatten just a little bit) onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned.
11. Leave on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.